1. Ethical. Enough said.
2. Likeable. The practitioner doesn’t have to be the buyer’s best friend, but she has to be someone the buyer likes to be around.
3. Knowledgeable. Knowing the target neighborhood is very important.
4. Smart. Familiar with the complexities of the mortgage process and able to negotiate the legal details of buying a home.
5. Licensed. Being licensed and insured is important in this litigious world.
6. Capable. Able to close deals quickly and efficiently.
7. Good with the Rolodex – able to recommend capable service providers.
8. Quick with references. Former clients must be willing to speak up."
Note from Alice: I'd love to hear from any and all of my clients concerning these standards. What score would you give me?