Welcome!

     

Saturday, April 11, 2009

How's the market?

I get asked that question a lot, and most people are surprised when I respond positively. True, it's not the hot market it was 2 years ago, but that doesn't make it a "bad" market. The fact is, every market is good for somebody. Right now, it happens to favor first-time buyers, and it's a GREAT market for them ... perhaps the best we've ever seen, due to low interest rates, reduced home prices and government incentives such as the $8K tax credit. I'm not saying that homes are cheap or that it's easy to buy a home, but it is a time of tremendous opportunity for those who are fiscally responsible and well employed. Successfully buying a home should give one a sense of pride and achievement, precisely because it is NOT easy to do. That's why it's called "the American Dream".

Nevertheless, buying your first home (or even your second or third home) can be both scary and stressful. Financial genius, Warren Buffet, was recently quoted as saying, "If you are fearful and confused, you won't get over being fearful until you get over being confused." Part of my job as an agent is to provide you with the straightforward and accurate information you need to remove your confusion and therefore, your fear about buying a home. Take 15 minutes to interview me and I will demonstrate what I'm talking about. Please call me to set up a free, no-pressure, no-obligation consultation. 206-708-9800.

No comments: