So you’ve been in your home for years and you plan to stay there for quite a few more. You have no need for a professional home inspection, right? Well, maybe, but consider this. As your home ages and you become comfortable in your surroundings, it’s easy to let maintenance of the big ticket items slide a bit. e.g. How old IS the hot water tank now? Is the foundation holding up? Is the electrical system still adequate for our needs?
1. Do you have a current Washington State Home Inspector License? (If not, stop the interview.)
2. Are you a member of the American Society of Home Inspectors or the National Association of Home Inspectors?
3. How many inspections of similar properties do you do each year? References?
4. What specifically will the inspection cover? What is excluded?
5. Do you carry errors & omissions insurance? Do you guarantee your work?
6. What type of report will I receive after the inspection?
7. How long will the inspection take & how soon will I receive the report?
8. How much will the inspection cost? Do you offer any discounts?
Questions about this topic? Give me a call. 206-708-9800.