Welcome!

     

Thursday, June 26, 2008

How's the market?

I get asked that question just about every day. It seems as if most people expect to hear me complain about how slow the market is and how tough it is to be in this business right now. Worse yet, is when I hear my fellow agents whine about current market conditions. Here's my take on things. The market is what it is. It's neither good nor bad, it just is. The real estate market (as with most things) is constantly changing and evolving. It's my job to adapt to those changing conditions. I can't control the overall market, but I can adjust my strategies and behaviors to make the most of any given market.

The fact is that EVERY type of market is good for SOME people and not-so-good for others. This market happens to favor buyers and investors, whereas the market of a year ago (and for many years before that) favored sellers. Yes, there is much more inventory on the market. Yes, the average selling time has increased. Yes, the rate of appreciation has slowed. And, yes, prices are going down. Nevertheless, people are still selling and people are still buying -- that will always be true. We simply need to adjust our expectations. And you can bet that just about the time we get used to these new conditions, they will change again.

So, whether you are buying or selling, if you want to work with an agent who knows how to thrive by rolling with the punches, give me a call. 206-708-9800. No whining allowed.

No comments: