Welcome!

     

Friday, May 2, 2008

Surprised by Seattle P-I story

I was quite surprised by the tone and content of the front page story of this morning's Seattle P-I. For months the papers have been spreading word of doom and gloom in the real estate market and now, suddenly, they are pronouncing the Seattle market as "still strong." http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/361487_demand02.html

Even more surprising is their contention that sellers still have the upper hand in West Seattle (and other parts of Seattle). Don't get me wrong, I agree that Seattle is still a strong market. In fact, I've been criticized by a reader for espousing that opinion. But I think you will have to look far and wide to find an agent who believes that we are not currently in a buyer's market. That's not a bad thing, it's just the current reality.

What do you think? Who is in the driver's seat in West Seattle right now, buyers or sellers?

No comments: