Welcome!

     

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Uncertainty? Anxiety? What's new?

I apologize for not addressing Sunday's Seattle Times/P-I headline article sooner. I confess that I let the holiday get in the way. Nevertheless, here is my take on the article. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

The gist of the article (it can't really be called a "story" since there is no event to report) seems to be that the housing market and the economy are uncertain, therefore anxiety is an appropriate reaction. My question is: When has the housing market and/or the economy EVER been certain? When will it be? And, does increasing our collective or individual feeling of anxiety benefit anyone?

Buying a home is a stressful event for most people simply because of the size of the investment. Whether you buy at the top of the market or at the bottom, it is a decision that affects many aspects of your life. Since no one can accurately predict the future, all we can do is trust our judgement to make the best possible decision given the information available to us at the time.

No comments: